Academic Programs and HSC Results
We are extremely proud of the results, the diversity, and of the personal achievements of every one of our students.
Passion into Excellence (PEP) Program
Building on our consistently strong academic results, St Leo’s recently introduced our senior Passion into Excellence (PEP) program – a personalised academic excellence program for every senior student. Mentored by the College leadership team and individually tailored for every single student, the program tracks progress and sets personalised strategies to improve each student’s results in all of their subjects.
A Masterclass program runs free of charge for senior students during school holidays, led by internal and external subject experts.
The exceptional Class of 2020 achieved a confident performance in the highly unusual academic year that was 2020:
- Our College Dux, Anthony (Tony) Domtchenko,achieved an ATAR of 96.15, ranking him within the top 4% of the state.
- This was closely followed by Sienna Odd, who achieved an ATAR of 93.60.
- Sabrina Della Franca was nominated for inclusion in the SHAPE 2020 Design and Technology Showcase.
- St Leo’s students achieved Distinguished Achievers List (achievement of Band 6) mentions across an impressive 25 subjects.
- Our students also achieved a pleasing 177 Band 5 and 6 results.
- Well over half of our students received early entry offers from various universities prior to the HSC exams.
St Leo’s students put in an outstanding effort in 2019 and achieved the following HSC results:
- Our College Dux, Madeleine McMahon, achieved an ATAR of 96.10, ranking her within the top 4% of the state.
- St Leo’s received 46 mentions on the Distinguished Achievers List (achievement of Band 6) – an increase from 40 the previous year.
- Three students received HSC Showcase nominations. Olivia Clay was nominated for ARTEXPRESS (Visual Arts showcase), Zoe Peterson for SHAPE (Design & Technology showcase) and Bede Patterson for ENCORE (Music showcase)
- Our students achieved first place in 10 subjects across the Diocese of Broken Bay
- 16 subjects scored above the state average and 11 significantly above the state average – also an increase from the previous year.
- Overall, St Leo’s was placed within the top 26% of NSW schools (SMH), which was also an improvement from 2018.
In 2018, our students achieved the following outstanding HSC results:
- Our College Dux, Chelsea Tullia, achieved an ATAR of 99.35, ranking her within the top 1% of the state.
- Two students were listed on the Premier’s All-Round Achievers Merit List.
- St Leo’s received 40 mentions on the Distinguished Achievers List
- 70% of our students achieved results in the top three bands (Bands 4-6)
- Three students were offered places at the National Institute of Dramatic Art (NIDA) – a rare achievement for any school.
- Our students achieved first place in 17 subjects across the Diocese of Broken Bay
- 16 subjects scored above the state average and seven significantly above the state average
- Overall, St Leo’s placed within the top third of NSW schools (SMH).