Beyond the Classroom
Debating and public speaking develop student skills in critical and creative thinking, reasoning and persuasion. St Leo’s competes in the Catholic Schools Debating Association (CSDA) competition, as well as a number of other public speaking competitions, including several run by UN Youth.
Students can compete in a range of representative sports through our tiered Sporting Program. The College has an active co-curricular music program, with many musical ensembles that cater for students of all abilities. A range of other creative and performing arts activities are offered, including drama and dance productions, music and vocal groups, the annual College Musical and Showcase.
St Leo’s students are further encouraged to showcase their creative talents through experiences such as:
- Interactive sessions with Australian Slam Poetry Champion, Luka Lessons
- Shakespeare Interactive
- Write-a-Book-in-a-Day experience
- A variety of writing competitions
Students are encouraged to enter local, State and National competitions and challenges relating to areas of study or co-curricular activities where St Leo’s students regularly receive awards.
Other extra-curricular activities include:
- Peer Support and Peer Mentoring program
- Retreat and Reflection program
- Lunchtime sports competitions
- Lunchtime Games Club
- Chess Club
- Leadership opportunities such as the Student Representative Council
- House system
- A wide range of social justice opportunities.