Information & Resources
Term 3 2021
St Leo’s is proud to have led the way with an innovative and engaging online learning model when schools were forced into online lessons in 2020 (see Remote Learning 2020 video). With the NSW Government mandate that schools return to remote learning for the start of Term 3 2021, St Leo’s is in an excellent position to resume online learning with a range of well-developed processes and materials available for students and parents/carers.
Remote Learning Term 3 2021 – Key Points
- All students have returned to class for Term 3 via Remote Learning and are following an adjusted timetable for Week 10.
- The College will be open to supervise students who need to attend (students with essential worker parents/carers). Supervision will be available from 7.45am – 4.30pm school days during lockdown. Students attending the College will be required to wear full school uniform and participate in classes online with all other students. They must bring their devices, earphones and chargers (if required). They should bring all food and drink for the day as the canteen will not be open and leaving campus/delivery services will not be allowed. Entry will be via the main College entrance (Gate A) and the Yardley Ave entrance will also be open. All students must sign in and out at College Reception, and following NSW Health regulations, they will be also be required to scan in/out using the QR code, wear a mask at all times on campus and physically distance where possible.
- All other (home-based) students will be required to log on from home for each class using the Google Classroom link, following the regular timetable. Students are expected to join in each class, including Mentor, and rolls will be taken. Students should wear either the College winter or sports uniform and should set up in a well lit place free from distractions. Students and parents/carers should note all protocols for video conferencing which ensure all interactions are appropriate and respectful.
- Teachers will normally provide the Zoom link and work for each lesson on the respective Google Classroom page. As a guide, a typical remote learning lesson structure will include the teacher providing direct input with students for 20/25 mins, followed by 35/40 mins for the students to complete the work. The teacher will continue to be available for assistance during that particular period. Feedback would normally occur in the last 5/10 mins of the lesson. This will of course vary depending on the subject/lesson taught.
Remote Learning Term 3 2021 – Key Communications
Below are copies of the key communications regarding remote learning sent to all students and parents/carers via Compass email since the NSW Government announcement for your reference:
- Leo’s in Lockdown – Principal’s Update No. 15 – 10 September 2021
- Leo’s in Lockdown – Principal’s Update No. 14 – 3 September 2021
- Leo’s in Lockdown -Principal’s Update No. 13 – 27 August 2021
- Leo’s in Lockdown – Principal’s Update No. 12 – 20 August 2021
- Leo’s in Lockdown – Principal’s Update No. 11 – 13 August 2021
- Leo’s in Lockdown – Principal’s Update No. 10 – 9 August 2021
- Leo’s in Lockdown – Principal’s Update No. 9 – 4 August 2021
- Timetable No. 3 -Weeks 4-5 Term 3
- Leo’s in Lockdown – Principal’s Update No. 8 – 30 July 2021
- Leo’s in Lockdown – Principal’s Update No. 7 – 28 July 2021
- Leo’s in Lockdown – Principal’s Update No. 6 – 23 July 2021
- Leo’s in Lockdown – Principal’s Update No. 5 – 20 July 2021
- Timetable No. 2 – Weeks 2-3 Term 3
- Leo’s in Lockdown – Principal’s Update No. 4 – 15 July 2021
- Principal’s Community Communication No.3 – 13 July 2021
- Principal’s Community Communication No.2 – 12 July 2021
- Principal’s Community Communication No. 1 – 7 July 2021
- CSBB Communication – 7 July 2021
Remote Learning 2021 – Relevant Policies and Procedures
St Leo’s last year developed a comprehensive set of policies and guidelines to ensure our Remote Learning is consistent and of the highest standard which have been updated for the current remote learning period:
- Remote Learning Guidelines for Students (summary)
- Remote Learning Teaching and Learning Policy & Use of Live Streaming Policy
Help and Support Services
At this particularly difficult time, it is especially important for students and families to know there are a range of support services available through the College and outside to help:
- Contact a teacher, your Mentor teacher, the Director of Pastoral Care and Wellbeing or the College Counsellor for help or to just talk
- 24hr telephone support and online chat services are also available from:
Kids Helpline (ages 5-25) – 1800 551 800
Lifeline – 13 11 14
Beyond Blue – 1300 224 636
By Growth Domain
As well as preparing class work, our teachers have put in a enormous effort creating and sourcing outstanding online resources for our students during their time learning remotely, also summarised below for easy access.
- eBooks and audiobooks
- Audible audio books
- Clickview online videos
- Infobase – online non-fiction and reference books (username: slccw; Password : digital)
Mental Health & Wellbeing Articles
- Looking after your mental health during the coronavirus outbreak (Beyond Blue)
- The importance of self care during coronavirus (Black Dog Institute)
- Working from home: A checklist to support mental health during coronavirus (Black Dog Institute)
- BITE BACK Online Positive Psychology Program improving mental wellbeing and resilience in young people (Black Dog Institute)
- myCompass online interactive self-help program designed to address the symptoms of stress, anxiety and depression (Black Dog Institute)
- This Way Up online learning programs, education and research into anxiety, depression and physical health (free access to 30 April)
Ideas for Staying Active and Positive
A range of ideas to help keep students (and adults) healthy, happy and strong, looking after themselves and others at home – based around the St Leo’s Growth Domains and Deep Learning Skills (6Cs).
- St Leo’s – A Virtual Guided Meditation with Ralph Kershler 1 (2020)
- St Leo’s – A Virtual Guided Meditation with Ralph Kershler 2 (2020)
- CatholicTV – online masses, prayers, virtual retreats and other TV programs
- Magnificat – spiritual and daily prayer guide
St Leo’s Online Gym
Keep active at home with our ‘Online Gym’ videos from last year, courtesy of our Sports team:
St Leo’s Listening Calendars
Our CAPA team developed listening calendars for the month of May 2020 – one with music from the Classical and Romantic eras and another with Film themes as part of the music curriculum. Click on the icon to link to YouTube and listen to the piece.